IOCDF Community Events Calendar
Check out our upcoming in-person and virtual events for all members of the OCD community.
Hosting an event of your own? Fill out this form to have it added to the calendar so community members can join in! Note: The events calendar is intended for informational purposes only. Inclusion in the IOCDF calendar is not an endorsement.
Learn more about IOCDF events, including our:
- In-person & Virtual Conferences
- Virtual Livestream Programming
- One Million Steps for OCD Walk
- Trainings for Mental Health Professionals
- This event has passed.
DBS For OCD Workshop
October 14, 2022 at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-6
Lessons for Integrating Clinical Practice of Psychiatrists, Neurosurgeons, and Psychologists
Presented by Baylor College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences and Department of Neurosurgery
This hybrid online & in-person workshop is for psychiatrists, psychologists, neurosurgeons, and other healthcare professionals who treat patients with severe and treatment-resistant OCD, as well as for functional neurosurgeons interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in performing DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation) for OCD.
Learning objectives for this workshop:
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Apply the inclusion and exclusion criteria for eligibility of patients with OCD to undergo DBS
- Define the role of cognitive behavioral therapy, specifically ERP, in the assessment of candidates for DBS
- List the benefits of re-introducing cognitive behavioral therapy, specifically ERP, after DBS
- Describing the techniques and challenges in conducting DBS programming for OCD
For more information, visit: https://cpd.education.bcm.edu/content/dbs-2022#group-tabs-node-course-default1