- This event has passed.
OCD Mid-Atlantic — Getting Free From OCD: Break-outs with Experts
October 13, 2015 at 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm EDT
Host: OCD Mid-Atlantic
In conjunction with OCD Awareness Week, the Mid-Atlantic affiliate of the IOCDF is hosting a FREE break-out event featuring discussions with several of the top OCD professionals in the region. OCD sufferers, their family members, professionals, and anyone interested in learning more about OCD are invited to attend.
- Elsbeth Bell, PhD: Psychologist with extensive training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Dissertation on OCD. Special interests in OCD, Hoarding, Perfectionism, and Procrastination, and has lectured nationally on these conditions.
- Greg Chasson, PhD: Psychologist and Assistant Professor, Towson University. CBT Solutions of Baltimore. At Towson, his research laboratory at Towson University and clinical work focus on obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders, autism spectrum conditions, and anxiety, and traumatic stress.
- Deborah Cole, PsyD: Clinical Psychologist and Certified School Psychologist. Certificates from the Behavior Therapy Institutes of the International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation and the Trichotillomania Learning Center. Treats children, adolescents, and adults with OCD and Spectrum Disorders, Sexual Addiction/Compulsion, Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and Trauma.
- Jon Hershfield, MFT, founder of the OCD and Anxiety Center of Greater Baltimore in Hunt Valley, MD and specialist in mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy for OCD and related disorders. Coauthor of The Mindfulness Workbook for OCD and author of the forthcoming When a Family Member Has OCD.
- Michael Labellarte, MD: Board-Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with CPE Clinic. Assistant Professor at Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland Hospital. Researched medications for children with OCD and other related disorders.
- Theresa Shank, PhD: Psychologist for CPE Clinic in Columbia, MD. Supervised psychoeducational evaluations and treatment at Kennedy Krieger Institute. Certificates from the Behavior Therapy Institutes of the International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation and the Trichotillomania Learning Center. Treatment of children and adolescents with learning differences, ADHD, and Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Disorders.
Check out our upcoming in-person and virtual events for all members of the OCD community.
Hosting an event of your own? Fill out this form to have it added to the calendar so community members can join in! Note: The events calendar is intended for informational purposes only. Inclusion in the IOCDF calendar is not an endorsement.
Learn more about IOCDF events, including our: