Did you know that you can support the International OCD Foundation, at no additional cost to you, just by doing your shopping online?
If you shop using RoundUp, iGive, or Amazon Smile, you can automatically have a portion of the proceeds donated to the IOCDF!
The IOCDF has partnered with RoundUp, a “spare change” service that allows you to effortlessly donate the change from your credit and debit card purchases to benefit the IOCDF.
Simply install the RoundUp app at iocdf.org/roundup and RoundUp will automatically select the IOCDF as your charity of choice and make a tax-deductible donation of your spare change direct to the Foundation. It only takes a minute to get securely link your bank account, debit, and/or credit cards and users are able to set a cap for the maximum amount to give in a month.
The average donor ends up contributing $20-$30 per month just by donating their spare change. The RoundUp app will tally the total change of your transactions at the end of the month and send a deposit directly to the IOCDF — it does all the work for you! While this may not seem like a lot, it has a significant impact over time, allowing the IOCDF to provide resources to more people affected by OCD.
iGive is a site that gives donations for online shopping at a multitude of places. (More than 1,700 shops are registered). iGive doesn’t make online shopping complicated at all — it will only help you understand which products qualify for donations to the IOCDF.
1. Visit www.iGive.com
2. Sign in and Choose IOCDF: To start using iGive you will have to create an account or sign in using Facebook.
Once you have created an account or signed in using Facebook you will then have the opportunity to Search by Name. Just type in International OCD Foundation and click on the name to select IOCDF as your charity of choice.
3. Shop through the iGive Website: Through the iGive website, you will be able to see all the stores that are associated with iGive and the deals that are going on. When you are signed in you will be able to see how much money you have raised for the IOCDF and the top stores you visit.
4. Don’t want to log into iGive every time you do online shopping: An “iGive Button” extension has been created for Google Chrome that allows you to shop without going to iGive.com. The extension has the capability to tell stores that you want to support the IOCDF. Click here to add the extension.
Next, visit any iGive store, such as QVC. You will see the “iGive On” Button in the lower right corner to indicate that the store participates in iGive. Then continue to shop as you normally would!
When you shop on smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices and vast selection as Amazon.com, with the added bonus of Amazon donating 0.5% of eligible purchases to a charity of your choice. So, make the International OCD Foundation your charity today, and support IOCDF programming just by shopping for your favorite items.
- Visit smile.amazon.com: The entire shopping experience is the same and most products are available on amazon.com are available at AmazonSmile
2. Sign in and choose the IOCDF: To begin, simply go to smile.amazon.com and Sign In using your Amazon.com account credentials. New to Amazon? Click on "Create an Account", follow the directions, and return to smile.amazon.com once complete.
Once you’ve signed into your Amazon Account, simply search “IOCDF” in the search field under the heading “Or pick your own charitable organization.” Once selected, you will receive an email confirmation of your excellent choice!
3. Begin Shopping! Once you’ve selected your charity, everything else on smile.amazon.com functions the same! Whether you’re shopping for your favorite products or a perfect gift for a loved one, most products you’re a seeking are eligible on Amazon Smile. If they are not, you’ll be promptly notified. The checkout process is the same as well. No extra cost for shopping on AmazonSmile (compared Amazon.com) is passed onto you — the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchase directly to the IOCDF!
4. Share with your friends: After you’ve successfully completed a purchase on AmazonSmile, you can share the news with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
5. Having trouble remembering to go to amazon.com when shopping? A “Smile Always” extension has been created for Google Chrome web browsers that will automatically redirect you to smile.amazon.com if you accidentally visit amazon.com instead.
Click here or Google search “Smile Always extension” to add the extension and ensure you’re always supporting the IOCDF.
The IOCDF applauds RoundUp, iGive and the AmazonSmile Foundation for their efforts to support charities across the country. We hope you will take the opportunity to support the IOCDF with your eligible purchases online.