It is required that you find a patient with OCD for your training case, and please ensure the case meets DSM-V criteria for OCD. We will cover some aspects of treating disorders related to OCD, but we ask that your training case is an individual with OCD. If you do not currently have an appropriate training case, you might want to contact colleagues, area psychiatrists, agencies, and support groups and let them know you are interested in treating OCD. To help recruit a patient, some previous BTTI participants have offered to provide treatment at no cost since it is a training case.
Patient/Provider Release Forms
Once you have identified a training case, we have provided templates for you to use with your patient that we strongly recommend you fill out and keep in your own records: 1) Patient Release Form and 2) Provider Release Form. These are for your records and you do not need to send these back to us or bring to the training.
FOR THE GENERAL BTTI: Complete 3 Assessments for your Training Case
Prior to coming to the BTTI, have your patient complete three self-report measures:
- Y-BOCS: This Checklist is intended for a therapist’s use. If you are planning to present a child case, please use the CY-BOCS, which needs to be administered by you and may require parental involvement depending on the age and condition of the child.
- DASS: This self-report measure provides information on the nature and level of your patient’s depression, anxiety, and overall stress.
- OC Chart: This self-monitoring instrument is used to gain a sample of patients’ obsessions and compulsions. It is not used to estimate frequency, so it is not necessary to have your patient record symptoms over an extended period of time. One day or even a few hours can be sufficient to obtain a useful sample of obsessions and compulsions.
FOR THE PEDIATRIC BTTI: Complete the CY-BOCS and any additional assessments that may be appropriate for your Training Case
- CY-BOCS: This tool needs to be administered by you and may require parental involvement depending on the age and condition of the child.
- Additional assessment materials (optional): COIS-R Child, COIS-R Parent, C-FOCI (more information), Child Saving Inventory (more information).
If you have questions about your training case, please feel free to contact the Pediatric BTTI Clinical Director, Eric Storch, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org (727) 767-8230
Materials to bring with you to the training
Please bring copies of your completed assessments, your clinical notes, and any other information you have about your case. This will be used during the third day of the training. (Note: to protect your patient’s confidentiality, please be sure to white out the patient’s name and other potential identifiers on these documents.)