An In-Depth 3-Day Training Program in State-of-the-Art Treatment for Hoarding Disorder.
The new Hoarding BTTI is an in-depth three-day intensive training course for mental health professionals who are treating individuals with Hoarding Disorder (HD). The Hoarding BTTI was developed to help address the shortage of therapists properly trained in treating HD around the world. Developed by leaders in the field of Hoarding Disorder, Drs. Gail Steketee and Randy Frost, and in conjunction with the IOCDF Training Institute Clinical Chair Dr. C. Alec Pollard, this new training program offers mental health professionals an opportunity to learn about the latest research in effective treatments for HD.
The Hoarding BTTI was held at the Boston University School of Social Work in Boston, MA.
Catherine Ayers, PhD, ABPP
- Division Director, VA San Diego Healthcare System La Jolla Mental Health Outpatient Clinics
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego
- Faculty, SDSU/UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology
Christiana Bratiotis, PhD, LICSW
- Assistant Professor, Grace Abbott School of Social Work, University of Nebraska Omaha
Randy O. Frost, PhD
- Professor of Psychology, Smith College, Northampton, MA
Jordana Muroff, PhD, LICSW
- Associate Professor of Clinical Practice, Boston University School of Social Work
C. Alec Pollard, PhD
- Director, Center for OCD & Anxiety-Related Disorders, Saint Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute
- Professor of Community and Family Medicine, Saint Louis University
- Clinical Chair of the IOCDF Training Institute
Gail Steketee, PhD, LICSW
- Dean and Professor, Boston University School of Social Work
Hoarding BTTI Learning Objectives
- Participants will be able to accurately diagnose Hoarding Disorder (HD).
- Participants will learn strategies for the accurate assessment of hoarding symptoms.
- Participants will be able to apply a cognitive and behavioral model to design intervention strategies.
- Participants will be able to aid individuals with low motivation for treatment by applying motivational strategies to improve engagement in and adherence to treatment strategies.
- Participants will be able to apply cognitive and behavioral interventions to reduce HD symptoms of acquiring, difficulty discarding, and clutter.
- Participants will be able to develop treatment plans for older adults with HD.
- Participants will learn how to incorporate family and community partners to intervene in hoarding cases.
- Participants will apply knowledge gained in the educational portion of the institute during small group discussion of cases.
This program is sponsored by the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF), Inc. This program has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (Provider #SP-1979). Course meets the qualifications for 21 hours of continuing education credit for MFCCs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (Provider #PCE 4422). This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Provider #886509959) for 21 continuing education contact hours. IOCDF is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. IOCDF maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Course meets the qualifications for 21 CE credits for psychologists.
Trainees must attend all three days of the Hoarding BTTI in order to receive a CE certificate. Trainees must also complete three follow-up phone calls with a designated Hoarding BTTI faculty member in order to be considered a graduate of this program and to receive a certificate of completion.
Additionally, if you are not currently a professional member of the IOCDF, you must become a professional member in order to register for this training. Professional membership is $125 per person, per year.
Cancellation/Refund Policy/Replacement Certificate
If accepted, you understand that this registration fee is non-refundable. There will be no exceptions for medical, travel, or professional emergencies. For replacement continuing education certificates requested after the end of the Hoarding BTTI (you will receive one at the training as part of the registration fee), there will be a $25.00 processing fee.