An In-Depth 3-Day Training Program in State-of-the-Art Treatment for Hoarding Disorder.
The new Hoarding BTTI is an in-depth three-day intensive training course for mental health professionals who are treating individuals with Hoarding Disorder (HD). The Hoarding BTTI was developed to help address the shortage of therapists properly trained in treating HD around the world. Developed by leaders in the field of Hoarding Disorder, Drs. Gail Steketee and Randy Frost, and in conjunction with the IOCDF Training Institute Clinical Chair Dr. C. Alec Pollard, this new training program offers mental health professionals an opportunity to learn about the latest research in effective treatments for HD.
The Hoarding BTTI will be held at the Boston University School of Social Work in Boston, MA. Discounted hotel rooms are available at the nearby Residence Inn Back Bay. See below for more details about hotel and local transportation.
Catherine Ayers, PhD, ABPP
- Division Director, VA San Diego Healthcare System La Jolla Mental Health Outpatient Clinics
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego
- Faculty, SDSU/UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology
Christiana Bratiotis, PhD, LICSW
- Assistant Professor, Grace Abbott School of Social Work, University of Nebraska Omaha
Randy O. Frost, PhD
- Professor of Psychology, Smith College, Northampton, MA
Jordana Muroff, PhD, LICSW
- Associate Professor of Clinical Practice, Boston University School of Social Work
C. Alec Pollard, PhD
- Director, Center for OCD & Anxiety-Related Disorders, Saint Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute
- Professor of Community and Family Medicine, Saint Louis University
- Clinical Chair of the IOCDF Training Institute
Gail Steketee, PhD, LICSW
- Dean and Professor, Boston University School of Social Work
The cost of registration for all three days is $385, which includes the cost of continuing education credits.
Hoarding BTTI Learning Objectives
- Participants will be able to accurately diagnose Hoarding Disorder (HD).
- Participants will learn strategies for the accurate assessment of hoarding symptoms.
- Participants will be able to apply a cognitive and behavioral model to design intervention strategies.
- Participants will be able to aid individuals with low motivation for treatment by applying motivational strategies to improve engagement in and adherence to treatment strategies.
- Participants will be able to apply cognitive and behavioral interventions to reduce HD symptoms of acquiring, difficulty discarding, and clutter.
- Participants will be able to develop treatment plans for older adults with HD.
- Participants will learn how to incorporate family and community partners to intervene in hoarding cases.
- Participants will apply knowledge gained in the educational portion of the institute during small group discussion of cases.
This program is sponsored by the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF), Inc. This program has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (Provider #SP-1979). Course meets the qualifications for 21 hours of continuing education credit for MFCCs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (Provider #PCE 4422). This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Provider #886509959) for 21 continuing education contact hours. IOCDF is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. IOCDF maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Course meets the qualifications for 21 CE credits for psychologists.
Trainees must attend all three days of the Hoarding BTTI in order to receive a CE certificate. Trainees must also complete three follow-up phone calls with a designated Hoarding BTTI faculty member in order to be considered a graduate of this program and to receive a certificate of completion.
Additionally, if you are not currently a professional member of the IOCDF, you must become a professional member in order to register for this training. Professional membership is $125 per person, per year. We will look up your membership status upon receiving your application, and will automatically add the additional $125 fee onto the $385 Hoarding BTTI registration fee when we register you for the training if you do not have a current professional membership. If you will be paying by check and are not a professional member of the IOCDF, you will be asked to send in an additional $100 to cover your professional membership fee. If you have any questions about your membership or about this policy, please feel free to contact us. There will be no exceptions to these requirements.
Local Hotel Information
The IOCDF has negotiated a discounted rate ($249/night on 10/30, 10/31, and 11/1) at the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay-Fenway, located at 125 Brookline Ave., Boston, MA, 02215. To make a reservation at this discounted rate, call the reservation line at (800) 331-3131 and mention you are with the International OCD Foundation. You can find out more information about the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay-Fenway on their website at http://www.residenceinnbackbay.com/. This reduced rate expires on September 26th, 2014, so please book your reservation before that date in order to take advantage of this discount.
Attendees who will be flying to the Hoarding BTTI should fly to Logan International Airport in Boston, MA. The Residence Inn is less than 10 miles away from Logan, so taking a taxi from the airport will be the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation. Local registrants should consider using public transportation to get to and from the training site, as parking rates near/at the Boston University School of Social Work (BU SSW) are very high. The Residence Inn and the BU SSW are both located near the Green Line on the MBTA Subway system. For more information about parking at the BU SSW, please go to their website at http://www.bu.edu/maps/?id=353 and select “Parking Lots” as an option.
Cancellation/Refund Policy/Replacement Certificate
If accepted, you understand that this registration fee is non-refundable. There will be no exceptions for medical, travel, or professional emergencies. For replacement continuing education certificates requested after the end of the Hoarding BTTI (you will receive one at the training as part of the registration fee), there will be a $25.00 processing fee.
To register for the Hoarding BTTI in Boston on Oct. 31 – Nov. 2, 2014, please either e-mail or fax to me the following documents (completed in full) as soon as you can:
- Hoarding BTTI registration form (PDF)
- Clinician Participant Attestation of Understanding (PDF)
- A copy of your current professional mental health license
E-mail:If you would like to e-mail me your registration form, participant attestation form, and copy of your license, you can attach these documents to an email and send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fax: If you would like to fax me your documents, you can fax them to the IOCDF office at (617) 973-5803. If you decide to fax your documents, please send me an e-mail alerting me so I know to expect your fax and can make sure that it was received successfully. Please note the following:
- Registration is limited to professionals who are licensed to practice psychotherapy independently. If you are unlicensed and/or require supervision, you will only be considered for registration for a BTTI once you are licensed and are no longer are required to be supervised.
- While MDs and Nurses can attend the training, we unfortunately cannot offer CME credits because we are not approved to do so. We are approved CE providers through the APA, NASW, NBCC, and the California Board of Behavioral Sciences for Marriage & Family Therapists and Social Workers.
- If you are not currently a professional member of the IOCDF, you must become a professional member in order to successfully register for this training. Professional membership is $100 per person, per year. We will look up your membership status upon receiving your application, and will automatically add the additional $100 membership fee onto the $385 BTTI registration fee when we register you for the training if you do not have a current professional membership. If you will be paying by check and are not a professional member of the IOCDF, you will be asked to send in an additional $100 to cover your professional membership fee. If you have any questions about your membership or about this policy, please feel free to contact us.
- If accepted, you understand that the Hoarding BTTI registration fee is non-refundable. There will be no exceptions for medical, travel, or professional emergencies.
There may be some of you that will not get a spot in this training. If you do not get a spot in this training, we will put you on a waitlist just in case someone happens to cancel in the meantime and we can offer their spot to you.
If you have any questions or concerns at all about the Hoarding BTTI or the registration process, please e-mail me at email@example.com or call me at (617) 973-5801.