Bossing It Back Together
Group therapy is different from individual therapy because many of the helpful events take place between group members, not just between the therapist and the client. These are some of the events that take place during group:
- Learn cognitive-behavioral techniques.
- Get group assistance in implementing techniques, including exposure exercises.
- Together, set and achieve long and short term goals.
- Learn mindfulness skills.
- Evaluate commitment to therapy and learn motivation strategies.
- Explore and resolve barriers to treatment.
- Celebrate strength and inspire one another.