The mission of the Inference-based CBT (I-CBT) Special Interest Group is to increase awareness, understanding, and usage of I-CBT as an evidence-based treatment for OCD.
This SIG is composed of clinicians and researchers who are actively using, learning, or researching I-CBT as a treatment for OCD and related disorders.
- Mike Heady, LCPC (Co-Chair)
- Bronwyn Shroyer, LCSW (Co-Chair)
- Increase awareness of I-CBT as an evidence-based treatment for OCD among researchers, clinicians, and the public.
- Share current research with group members and provide accurate information to the public.
- Provide written and video content to aid the public, clinicians, and researchers in gaining a better understanding of I-CBT.
- Increase access to care for individuals with OCD by promoting I-CBT as an evidence-based treatment for OCD.
- Members of this SIG have been guests on numerous podcasts and given presentations at conferences and elsewhere to raise awareness of I-CBT.
- Members of this SIG have actively provided free resources about I-CBT in various online formats.
- Numerous members of this SIG are listed as Knowledge Users for an upcoming registered Canadian Randomized Controlled Trial of I-CBT.
About the Monthly Meeting
This group meets the 1st Thursday of every month at 1 pm Eastern Time.