Our office is open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, Eastern Time. Please email us your questions at one of our inboxes below, or call us during business hours at (617) 973-5801. You can also find a lot of helpful information on our website about what OCD is, how OCD is treated, and where to find help.
What the IOCDF can provide you:
- Information about OCD, related disorders, and treatment.
- Connection to a mental health professional, clinic, support group, or organization.
- Information about being an OCD Advocate in your community.
- Information about our upcoming events.
- Information about our professional trainings.
What the IOCDF cannot provide you:
- Virtual (telephone or online) or in-person mental health counseling from someone on staff.
- Personal advice about your or a loved one's situation.
- Endorsement of any particular therapist, clinic, or organization.
- Personal advocacy on your behalf.
- Referrals to lawyers or legal representation.
- Financial assistance for treatment or issues caused by OCD and Related Disorders.
The IOCDF is not a hotline, crisis line, or suicide prevention line. If you or someone you know is experiencing a crisis, please see the resources below:
National Lifeline: Please access the National Lifeline if you ever feel like harming yourself or ending your own life.
Crisis Text Line – Text NAMI to 741-741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor for free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.
International OCD Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 961029
Boston, MA 02196
Phone: (617) 973-5801
Fax: (617) 507-0495
For OCD Resources and General Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Membership and Membership Benefits: email@example.com
For OCD Trainings for Mental Health Professionals: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Annual OCD Conference: email@example.com
For donations and/or fundraising: firstname.lastname@example.org
For merchandise and orders: email@example.com