There are several ways to support the IOCDF directly via your Facebook and Instagram social media account, from starting a fundraiser to individual donations. Here are some ways to do it:
Facebook Fundraisers make it easy to support the causes you care about, covering all processing fees so every dollar you raise goes directly to the IOCDF. Whether you're donating your birthday and asking for donations in lieu of gifts, or simply looking to give back, Facebook Fundraisers are an easy option.
You can create a fundraiser directly via this link, follow the steps below, or add a fundraiser to a Facebook post. You can use the pre-populated wording when creating a post, or explain in your own words why you’re passionate about raising money for the IOCDF. The fundraiser will be active until the set end date, with the option to extend the fundraiser at any time.
You can also follow these easy steps to create a Facebook Fundraiser for the IOCDF:
- On your computer, login to Facebook.
- On the left, click Fundraisers with the heart icon. Tip: If you don't see Fundraisers on the left, then click See More with the down arrow.
- Click Select Nonprofit and type “International OCD Foundation” into the search bar.
- Customize your fundraiser on the left hand menu by editing the:
- Goal amount of money you want to raise (consider increasing the default $200!)
- Currency you want the funds to be in (if other than USD)
- End date of your fundraiser (default is 2 weeks from creation)
- The "Why are you raising money" description — let your audience know why raising funds for the IOCDF is so important to you!
- Click Create.
Remember, you can always add a Facebook Fundraiser to a Facebook Post by clicking on "What's on your mind?" at the top of your Facebook Feed, then the three dot icon, and then click "Raise Money."
Once your fundraiser has been published, make sure to:
- Invite your friends to support your fundraising efforts,
- Share your fundraiser on your Feed and with your groups, and
- Donate yourself to your fundraiser — other people are more likely to donate when they see that someone else has already contributed.
Is your birthday coming up? Within days of your birthday, you made notice that Facebook will have a message for you reading, “It’s almost your birthday!” near a birthday cake prompting you to make a birthday fundraiser. Make sure to choose the International OCD Foundation as the benefiting charity!
Instagram Fundraising makes it easy to create a fundraiser and collect donations, covering all processing fees so every dollar you raise goes directly to the IOCDF.
You can create a fundraiser for the IOCDF from an Instagram post. The fundraiser will be visible in the post and you can find a link to the fundraiser in your bio. The fundraiser will be active for 30 days, with the option to extend the fundraiser at any time. To create an Instagram Fundraiser for the IOCDF:
- Open Instagram and tap New post plus sign (+) icon at the top.
- Create or choose your image and tap the right arrow (Android) or Next (iPhone).
- Crop and filter your post, and then tap to right arrow (Android) or Next (iPhone).
- Tap Add Fundraiser and choose @iocdf.
- If you follow the IOCDF, you'll see it listed under Suggested for you. If you do not, you'll need to search for "International OCD Foundation" at the top.
- When you select the IOCDF you will be brought to the “Fundraiser Details” page where you can:
- Edit the fundraiser title to make it your own (default "International OCD Foundation")
- Edit the fundraising goal amount and consider raising it (default $100)
- Tap Done to be brought back to the New Post details, make any additional edits to your post and then click the check mark (Android) or Share (iPhone).