Postpartum Support International (PSI): The purpose of the organization is to increase awareness among public and professional communities about the emotional changes that women experience during pregnancy and postpartum. Their resources contain, a provider directory, certificate training, phone chat with experts, online support groups, a peer mentor program, and much more.
Maternal Mental Health Alliance: UK-wide charity and network dedicated to ensuring women and families affected by perinatal mental problems have access to high-quality comprehensive care and support. Their site includes a Resource Hub filled with guidance, toolkits, online trainings, and case studies and a list of other UK support groups for mothers and their families.
Postpartum Progress: World’s most widely-read blog dedicated to maternal mental illness. Site contains an international list of programs and specialists dedicated to postpartum treatment and support groups in the U.S and Canada.
Moms with OCD/Anxiety Disorders Support Group: This is an online Facebook Group and a safe space for moms to vent about anxiety/panic disorders and everything related.
Maternal OCD: This is a charity co-founded by two mothers who have experienced and recovered from extreme perinatal obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Site contains resources and tools for professionals.
For individuals with perinatal OCD:
- Good Moms Have Scary Thoughts: A Healing Guide To The Secret Fears of Mothers, by Karen Kleiman and Molly McIntyre
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Anxiety Workbook: Practical Skills to Help You Overcome Anxiety, Worry, Panic Attacks, Obsessions, and Compulsions (A New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook), by Kevin Gyoerkoe, PsyD, Laura Miller, MD, and Pamela Wiegartz, PhD
- Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts: Breaking the Cycle of Unwanted Thoughts in Motherhood, by Karen Kleiman and Amy Wenzel
- Breathe, Mama, Breathe: 5-Minute Mindfulness for Busy Moms, by Shonda Moralis, MSW, LCSW
For families/loved ones:
- The Family Guide to Getting Over OCD: Reclaim Your Life and Help Your Loved One, by Jon Abramowitz, PhD
- When a Family Member Has OCD: Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioral Skills to Help Families Affected by Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, by Jon Hershfield, MFT
- Mindful Games for Kids: 50 Fun Activities to Stay Present, Improve Concentration, and Understand Emotions, by Kristina Sargent
- ABC Mindful Me, by Christiane Engel
Fact Sheets and Articles
“From the Expert” articles:
Other online content:
- 2020Mom: Pregnancy and Postpartum Obsessive-Compulsive Symptoms
- 2020Mom: Maternal Mental Health Disorders
- Postpartum Support International (PSI): Pregnancy and Postpartum Obsessive Symptoms
- New Mom Mental Health Checklist: Tool created by postpartum progress to facilitate conversations that can be difficult for mothers to start with their doctors and other care providers. This is also available in several languages.