Tamara Hartl, PhD
Narrative of Services:
I conduct exposure and response prevention sessions with my client as the primary therapeutic intervention. I accompany my clients into the community, into their homes, or wherever the feared stimuli may be so that they can conquer their OCD.
“Overcoming OCD” Education and E/RP Classes
A new 8 week class for Overcoming OCD for adults 18 and over.
Participants will learn about:
- the neurobiology of OCD
- over-importance of thoughts
- living with uncertainty
- understanding the motivations to avoid and compulse
Skill-building will focus on:
- the practice of mindfulness to combat over-importance of thoughts
- urge-surfing for distress tolerance
- embracing uncertainty by way of individual and group exposure exercises
For more information, contact Tam Hartl, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 603-9857. Classes will be on Monday mornings in Menlo Park.
I have specialized in the treatment of OCD and hoarding disorder for over 20 years and have conducted research on anxiety disorders and hoarding. I received training at several anxiety and OCD specialty clinics (e.g., the OCD clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital).