Phillip Salas, LMFT
Narrative of Services:
This Practice is a clinic and is only limited by the expertise of each therapist. The clinic has general mental health practice that treats couples, relationship problems, educational or occupational problems, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, trauma, stress related, cognitive disorders among other areas listed on the website. However, 50% of all cases are related to OCD and Hoarding Disorder.
Catholic Charities Counseling Services: San Diego, CA worked with families coping with members suffering from OCD. University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Department of Medicine & Global Health: Work with adults with OCD. University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Department of Psychiatry In conjunction with the County of San Diego CREST Community Program treating Hoarding Disorder. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: VA San Diego Healthcare System Treating Veterans with OCD and Hoarding Disorder. Institute of Behavioral Sciences Treated OCD and Hoarding Disorder. 5 Years of treating mental Health conditions and 3 years treating OCD and Hoarding disorders.
• Multicultural Counseling for the Counseling & Social Change department. Provide college support services and educational needs.
• Work with students with disabilities and implement educational programs to guarantee the student’s success without lowering the educational standards.
• Provide CBT evidence-based counseling, psychoeducation, and case management to clients on probation, assigned by SD Probation.
• Provide Bilingual Services in Spanish / English.
• Develop supportive and helping relationships with assigned high-risk youth and their families.
• Worked with 60+ clients with disabilities.
• Work with and provide services to members and allies of the LGBTQ community.
UC San Diego Health Certified Bilingual Spanish Provider / Advanced Geriatric Behavioral Health Certificate Training / Psychopharmacology in older adults Continuing Education Certificate / CCA Introduction of Latino Population Certificate / Human Trafficking Certificate training / Effects of abuse and Neglect on Child Development: School Age children Certificate / Effects of Trauma and Abuse on Child Development: The Adolescent Certificate / Trauma Informed Care Certificate . San Diego State University (SDSU): Magna Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, and a Minor in Counseling & Social Change (BA). University of San Diego (USD): Master of Arts, Marriage and Family Therapy (MA)