Call for Proposals
We invite researchers of all backgrounds and levels of experience to submit a proposal to present at the 2023 IOCDF Research Symposium, taking place Thursday, July 6, 2023!
Based on last year's success, this year's event will once again be a hybrid event, meaning presentations will be given either in person in San Francisco or virtually using slides and a webcam.
Presentations on any research topic within the field of OCD and related disorders will be considered. Read below for more information!
Presentation proposals will be accepted through Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 5pm ET. Applicants can expect to receive notification by May 2023.
Please note: Please do not use the form below to submit poster abstracts. Learn more on how to submit your poster abstracts.
We are offering three (3) options for presentation format this year:
- Full-length presentations that describe a program of research in detail (Approx. 30 minutes in duration)
- Abbreviated presentations* that describe findings from a single experiment or study (Approx. 10-15 minutes in duration)
- “Data blitz” presentations* that share the highlights of your data using just a few slides (Approx. 5 minutes in duration)
*Multiple submissions from a single research group are welcome and encouraged in the "Abbreviated" and "Data blitz" categories.
- Abstract/Summary: This is the most important part of your submission. It helps us understand and evaluate how your presentation will impact the Symposium. In your summary, please make sure to highlight specific topics you are planning to cover. More specific presentation proposals will be given preference over vague descriptions.
- Presentation format: Please be prepared to select one of the three available presentation format options (full, abbreviated, data blitz) as you will be asked to select a format when you submit your proposal. Please think carefully about which format will best suit the information you want to share at the Symposium.
- Presenter's contact information and a brief biography.
- We have expanded the presentation opportunities to include live, virtual presentations using slides and webcam.
- Please be aware that your affiliation and brief biography will be made available to the public through Symposium marketing and outreach materials.
- Although the IOCDF provides a complimentary registration for the Research Symposium, you will not receive an honorarium for your participation. All presentations provided for conferences are considered in-kind donations.
- If you submit your proposal and need to edit it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that changes cannot be made after the proposal submission deadline has expired. In the event of an emergency in which you are no longer available, please email email@example.com to notify the IOCDF immediately.