Christopher Vickers LPC-MSHP

5587 Murray Avenue
Ste 208
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
ADA Accessible
Phone: 9012145877
Narrative of Services:

In general, my caseload hovers around 80% OCD and anxiety-related disorders. I have treated a substantial number of these cases (several hundred, but less than 1,000, if I’m counting). The other 20% would be comprised of couples counseling and task-completion involving creative endeavors: academic book completion, dissertation defense, songwriting, etc.

Treatment of Co-occurring Disorders:

I have worked with a multitude of cases of OCD at varying levels of care (PHP, Inpatient, etc.). Most cases, however, approach the lower levels of intensity in which symptoms are prominent, but do not consistently justify a clinical diagnosis; that is, the behaviors are usually more circumscribed and cause impairment in times of crisis or stress.

The most frequently encountered situation is the co-occurrance of varied anxiety and mood disorders in addition to the obsession. However, I have also dealt with many cases where the latter are in combination with a Cluster B or C personality disorder.

Training Description:

My background is informed by years working in speciality clinics and inpatient care. The therapeutic approach I follow is largely CBT-based, but with significant influence in Bowen Family System Theory and recent trends in French psychoanalysis.