We are a peer-led support group for adults affected by OCD. We come together to share our struggles, cheer our successes, and learn about OCD and ways to overcome it. We exist to create a sense of belonging and community. We welcome and respect diverse identities, cultures, ages, and abilities. Confidentiality, safety, and mutual respect are top priority.
Join us if you have (or might have) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and you…
• want to learn and share about:
– aspects of OCD
– research-backed methods for treating OCD, including exposure and response prevention (“ERP”)
– skills to help cope with distress
• want support for personal goals or therapy homework;
• are not sure if therapy for OCD is right for you;
• want to just hang out with people who get it – no explanation required
Winnipeg OCD is volunteer-run, offered at no cost on a drop-in basis. It’s organised by an experienced peer support group facilitator and adult educator who has been symptom-free for years following treatment at the McLean Hospital OCD Institute. We ask that participants provide their name and contact information, and receive a brief orientation, before coming to their first meeting.
For more information:
Confidential email: WpgOCD@proton.me
Facebook: Winnipeg OCD