We are just a few days away from the 26th Annual OCD Conference in Austin, TX! We can’t wait to see all of you, and we want to help you get the most out of your Conference experience. This blog contains some important things to know before you go, including information on check-in and on-site registration, Thursday evening activities, Conference attire, food options, transportation, and Austin attractions.
Registration and Check-in
Online pre-registration will be closing on Thursday, July 11th at 5pm ET. Those who do not register by this time will still have the option to register on-site at the Conference (please see below).
Check-in & On-site Registration
Check-in and On-site Registration for the Annual OCD Conference opens on Thursday, July 18th at 2pm ET.
- If you have already pre-registered for the Conference, you will be able to check-in and pick up your badge(s) at the Check-In Desk on Level 4 on Thursday 7/18 from 2–8pm and beginning at 7am on Friday, 7/19 and Saturday, 7/20.
- If you did not have a chance to register ahead of time, please visit our On-Site Registration Desk on Level 4 (registration hours are the same times as above).
- If you are registered at the Professional level and wish to receive CEs, you must sign in and out daily. The CE desk is located next to the On-site and VIP Check-In Desk, and all professional attendees must complete online evaluations after the Conference has ended. You will be receiving evaluation information after the Conference.
Please note: Attendees to the Research Symposium will be able to check in beginning at 7:30am on Thursday, July 18th, and attendees to the Hoarding Pre-Conference Training Session will be able to check in beginning at 8:00am on Thursday, July 18th. OCD/ASD Pre-Conference Training attendees can pick up their badges at 12:00pm on Thursday, July 18.
Thursday Evening Activities
If you’re arriving early for the Conference, Thursday Evening Activities provide an opportunity to connect with other individuals, families, and professionals before the full Conference even begins! We have a number of activities that Conference attendees are invited to participate in on Thursday, July 18, including:
- Learn how to get the most out of your Conference experience at Preparing & Motivating Yourself for ERP, an interactive session held from 6:00pm-8:00pm.
- Solo attendees are welcome to break the ice at our Solo Attendee Meet-Up from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
- Test your OCD knowledge, learn more about OCD, and win prizes at OCD Jeopardy from 8:00pm-9:30pm.
- Show off your pipes at our Karaoke Icebreaker, held from 8:00pm-11:00pm at the famous Antone’s Nightclub.
- Join one of our support groups taking place on Thursday evening from 6:30PM-9:00PM.
Conference attendees are invited to dress casually throughout the Conference. Please be advised that the hotel is air-conditioned and it is recommended that you dress warmer than the temperature outside or bring layers.
Food and Dining
Complimentary breakfast will be provided each morning from 7-8am in the hotel throughout the Exhibit Hall. Saturday evening attendees can expect light hors d’oeuvres at the Researcher and Exhibitor Meet & Greet, and light dinner will also be served at the OCD Conference Party.
Food is also available for purchase throughout the day at hotel dining outlets. Information about hotel dining options as well as a list of local restaurants is available to view on the hotel website here.
Austin, TX Attractions
If you have time to explore Austin, TX, there are a variety of wonderful attractions to enjoy – many of them free! To learn about some of the top free and paid Austin attractions, visit our blog post!
Transportation & Parking
Austin has plenty of transportation options for getting around the city.
- CapMetro is Austin’s multimodal public transit system and the most inexpensive way to explore Downtown and the greater Austin area. Single rides start at $1.25 (transfers not included), and day passes run as little as $2.50. CapMetro also runs a convenient, frequent bus services to and from the airport. There is also MetroRapid, Capital Metro’s express bus service that runs Downtown.
- Taxi service is plentiful and economical in Austin. Taxis use a metered system just like every other city in the country. All taxis also accept credit and debit cards as payment, as well as cash.Austin is also home to a variety of Rideshare options for getting around the city, such as Uber, Lyft, RideAustin, and Ryde Austin (100% electric transportation) all serving areas surrounding the airport, downtown, and the greater Austin area. Apps are available on iOS and Android.
- Cars2Go is almost like renting a car, only better. Find nearby vehicles, reserve a car for later and unlock the door using the app. There is no need to return the car where you picked it up either.
- Parking: Daily valet parking at the JW Marriott Austin costs $22 for 0-3 hours, $32 for 3-6 hours, and $45 for 6+ hours. On-site self-parking is $17 for 0-3 hours, $25 for 3-6 hours, and $32 for 6 plus hours (all rates are subject to change and a 8.25% sales tax). As an Annual OCD Conference attendee, you will receive 20% off self-parking at the hotel. Click here for the most up to date information on parking at the Conference hotel.
To learn more about transportation options, visit our conference website here.
We Have an App For That!
Don’t forget to download our FREE smartphone app for the 2019 Annual OCD Conference! You can download the free app for your iPhone or Android device to have the entire schedule, room locations, speaker bios, exhibitor list and other information at your fingertips all weekend. Find the app in the App Store for iPhones and iPads or the Google Play store for Android devices, and download for free!
We look forward to seeing you at the 26th Annual OCD Conference!