These core competencies were developed to address baseline levels of knowledge to recognize and address perinatal OCD among the different types of providers encountering pregnant and postpartum women.
Click on the (+) next to your profession of interest below to view the core competencies, or click here to download all the core competencies as a PDF.
Training Resources to Develop Core Competencies
In OCD and Evidence-Based Treatments for OCD
Providers who wish to pursue advanced training in the identification and treatment of OCD may consider the following resources:
- The IOCDF Training Institute contains a broad range of live and on-demand training for professionals at all levels.
- The flagship IOCDF training is the Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI), a 3-day intensive training in ERP for OCD.
- Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Academy
- Penn Psychiatry Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety
- Cognitive Behavioral Institute
In Maternal/Perinatal Mental Health
Providers who wish to pursue advanced training in the identification and treatment of perinatal mental health disorders may consider the following resources:
- PSI 2-day Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care Course
- Maternal Mental Health Webinar Certificate Course by PSI and 2020 Mom
- Maternal Mental Health NOW Training Programs
- Seleni Institute Training Programs
- Perinatal Mental Health Certification (PMH-C)
- The Perinatal Mental Health Certification Program creates a structure for professional education and evaluation, and a standardization of training and experience to inform families and payers of perinatal mental health specialists. The certification curriculum requirements build on existing evidence-based perinatal mental health certificate trainings, adding an advanced-training component.