The Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) is an in-depth three-day (or five-day, if held virtually) intensive training course in exposure and response prevention therapy (ERP), a form of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), for mental health professionals who are treating individuals with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders. Led by a world-renowned faculty, the BTTI was developed to help address the shortage of therapists properly trained in using CBT to treat OCD around the country and the world.
Upcoming BTTI Sessions
Boston, MA (in person)
August 4–6, 2023
Sponsored by the New England Center for OCD & Anxiety
BTTI Virtual en Español
Training via Zoom for Healthcare
August 24–28, 2023
St. Louis, MO (in person)
October 6–8, 2023
Seattle, WA (in person)
November 3–5, 2023
Southern Florida (in person, exact location TBD)
December 1–3, 2023
How To Register
Clinicians who have filled out our BTTI Interest List get the first opportunity to register. As you complete this survey, please make sure you thoughtfully select the regions of the United States and Canada where you would like to attend trainings. When we open registration for specific trainings, we first notify only those who have indicated that they want to attend a training in this particular geographic area.
Registration for the BTTI is on a first-come, first-served basis. Offers to register will begin being sent out approximately four months before the training begins in the order individuals completed the BTTI Interest List Form.
Once a spot is offered, therapists will have a full week to accept or decline the offer. If a therapist is not able to attend the specific BTTI offered, they will continue to be offered a seat for future BTTIs until they are able to attend. When an offer is declined, an offer will be extended to the next therapist on the list until all seats have been filled.
Please note the following:
- Mental health clinicians can only take either the General BTTI or the Pediatric BTTI, not both. If you work with youth at all in your practice (even if they are not your primary or sole focus), we highly recommend you opt to attend the Pediatric BTTI.
- If a clinician has filled out the BTTI Interest List multiple times, the IOCDF will use their earliest submission date to mark their place in line on the BTTI Waitlist.
BTTI Sponsorship Opportunities
Do you work for a clinic or organization that would be interested in sponsoring and bringing a BTTI to your local area? The BTTI is the perfect place to showcase your organization to a targeted audience of professionals within the OCD and related disorders community. As a BTTI sponsor your organization would:
- Support a BTTI in your area with designated reserved spots for your community
- Have the chance to interact face-to-face with attendees throughout three days of training
- Be able to present and distribute information about your organization and services that attendees can take home, thus extending your reach to the OCD community far beyond the training itself
- Promote your organization’s products and services to training attendees, which they may then share with their patients
- Network with key organizations and professionals in the OCD community
- Gain broad reach and exposure through visibility on the IOCDF website and emails
- Benefit from a lasting partnership with a highly respected and recognized non-profit.