The Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) is an in-depth three-day intensive training course in exposure and response prevention therapy (ERP), a form of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), for mental health professionals who are treating individuals with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders. The BTTI — led by a world-renowned faculty — was developed to help address the shortage of therapists properly trained in using CBT to treat OCD around the country and the world.
In addition to the flagship BTTI course (called the General BTTI), we now offer additional BTTI courses on specialty and advanced topics. The Pediatric BTTI offers CBT training for professionals who specialize in treating children and adolescents with OCD and related disorders. And the new Advanced Forum BTTI (previously known as the BTTI 2) offers advanced training for those professionals who have already completed the General BTTI.
Upcoming BTTI Sessions
How to Register
Clinicians who have filled out our BTTI Interest List get the first opportunity to register. As you complete this survey, please make sure you thoughtfully select the regions of the United States and Canada where you would like to attend trainings. When we open registration for specific trainings, we first notify only those who have indicated that they want to attend a training in this particular geographic area.
Registration for the BTTI is on a first-come, first-served basis. Offers to register will begin being sent out approximately four months before the training begins in the order individuals completed the BTTI Interest List Form.
Once a spot is offered, therapists will have a full week to accept or decline the offer. If a therapist is not able to attend the specific BTTI offered, they will continue to be offered a seat for future BTTIs until they are able to attend. When an offer is declined, an offer will be extended to the next therapist on the list until all seats have been filled.
Please note the following:
- Once a therapist on the Interest List has been offered and subsequently declined FIVE options for attending, they will be moved to the end of the Interest List. A person can decline the General five times, and the Pediatric BTTI five times.
- Trainings cannot be repeated.
- If a therapist has signed up for the BTTI Interest List more than once, the IOCDF will use their earliest registration to mark their place in line.
BTTI Sponsorship Opportunities
Do you work for a clinic or organization that would be interested in sponsoring and bringing a BTTI to your local area? The BTTI is the perfect place to showcase your organization to a targeted audience of professionals within the OCD and related disorders community. As a BTTI sponsor your organization would:
- Support a BTTI in your area with designated reserved spots for your community
- Have the chance to interact face-to-face with attendees throughout three days of training
- Be able to present and distribute information about your organization and services that attendees can take home, thus extending your reach to the OCD community far beyond the training itself
- Promote your organization’s products and services to training attendees, which they may then share with their patients
- Network with key organizations and professionals in the OCD community
- Gain broad reach and exposure through visibility on the IOCDF website and emails
- Benefit from a lasting partnership with a highly respected and recognized non-profit.