We are very pleased to announce that the 6th Annual IOCDF Research Symposium will take place on July 8th, 2021! The symposium will be held both online and in-person, with the in-person event taking place at the Marriott Marquis hotel in New York City.
The IOCDF Research Symposium is a “by researchers, for researchers” event that brings together scientists and students from around the world who have an interest in OCD and related disorders, and provides a forum for sharing data and findings.
We invite researchers of all backgrounds and experience levels to submit a proposal for the IOCDF Research Symposium! Presentations on any research topic within OCD and related disorders will be considered. We are especially interested in presentations covering:
- Co-occurring disorders in OCD, including depression and substance use disorder
Additionally, we are accepting research posters for the Symposium Poster Session, which will also be held on July 8th in a hybrid in-person/virtual format.
Presentation proposals will be accepted using the application portal below beginning January 4th at 5:00pm EST. Please indicate your preference for presenting in person or virtually when you submit your poster or proposal. The deadline for symposium presentation proposals is Monday, March 1st.
The IOCDF is committed to working with all accepted speakers to provide notice well in advance of any changes or cancellations, and we look forward to providing a safe and enriching event for all speakers and attendees.
Important Items to Have Ready:
- Abstract/Summary: This is the most important part of your submission. It helps the Conference Planning Committee understand and evaluate how your presentation will impact the Symposium or Forum program. In your summary, please make sure to highlight 1-3 specific topics you are planning to cover. More specific presentation proposals will be given preference over vague descriptions.
- Presenter's contact information, including a brief biography
- Please be aware that your affiliation and brief biography will be made available to the public through symposium marketing and outreach materials.
- Proposals will not be reviewed until after Monday, March 1st. You should expect to receive notification of acceptance or rejection by the end of March.
- If you submit your proposal and need to edit it, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes CANNOT be made after the proposal submission date has expired (Monday, March 1st, 2021). In the event of an emergency in which you are no longer available, please let IOCDF staff know immediately.
- The research poster deadline for the Thursday Pre-Conference Research Symposium is later than the presentations — if you are submitting a research poster for this event, the deadline for this is Friday, April 1, 2021.