Every day we hear from individuals with OCD and related disorders, and their family members, “Why did I have to suffer for so many years before I found effective treatment?” Our professional and institutional members form a strong community of knowledgeable providers and researchers who are working to improve the lives of those affected by OCD across the US, and around the world. By becoming a member of the IOCDF, you are joining the “best of the best” in OCD treatment and research. Whether you are a student, unlicensed trainee, experienced professional, or part of an Intensive Treatment Program, membership at the IOCDF offers an opportunity to network and share best practices, further develop your practice, and meet other dedicated professionals in the OCD and related disorders field.
Membership also helps connect you to those who need your help, through our Resource Directory. All licensed providers and clinics specializing in OCD and related disorders may list their practice in our searchable Resource Directory, accessed by thousands of people daily in need of treatment.
There are 3 ways that individuals in the mental health field can join the IOCDF:
Professional Membership at the IOCDF
Professional membership with the IOCDF connects you to a community of professionals dedicated to OCD treatment and research. In addition, our membership entitles you to:
Access to Continuing Education on the latest research and best practices for treating OCD and Related Disorders, including:
Annual OCD Conference:
- The only international meeting focused solely on OCD and related disorders, the IOCDF’s Annual OCD Conference gives mental health professionals the opportunity to learn from the field’s leading experts in an engaging curriculum.
- As a professional member of the IOCDF, you are eligible to receive free CE/CEUs for conference attendance, in addition to discounted registration.
- The conference also represents an important opportunity to network with and attend workshops from some of the world’s leading OCD researchers and clinicians.
IOCDF Training Institute:
- The IOCDF’s Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) is an in-depth, 3-day intensive training course in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for mental health professionals treating individuals with OCD and related disorders. Held 8 times a year at different locations around the US and Canada, the BTTI features distinguished faculty from the top educational institutes and treatment facilities in the field.
- Starting in 2013, the BTTI was expanded to include course offerings in treating pediatric OCD and an advanced forum focusing on related disorders and specialized topics, in addition to our flagship General BTTI. The IOCDF is continuing to expanding our continuing education program to include webinars, consultation groups, and other new training opportunities, all under the name IOCDF Training Institute.
- The Training Institute is open only to licensed professional members of the IOCDF. CE/CEUs available.
Opportunities for Marketing and Outreach to the OCD and Related Disorders Community, including:
Listing your practice in our Resource Directory:
- The IOCDF website receives over 1 million hits a year from people looking for OCD resources and treatment information.
- As a professional member, you will be included in our Resource Directory of professionals and clinics who treat OCD and related disorders.
- The Directory is searchable based on geographic location, populations served, payment options, therapy modalities, areas of specialty, and a narrative description of your training and services.
Publishing updates and articles in our quarterly OCD Newsletter:
- In addition to receiving a subscription to the OCD Newsletter as part of your membership, all professional members are invited to contribute articles to the newsletter about OCD treatment and research news.
- Institutional members (organizations whose staff includes IOCDF professional members, and who meet certain other requirements), have the opportunity to publish quarterly updates about their programs in our member newsletter.
- Researchers who are professional members can also advertise for research participants in their IRB-approved studies on both on our website and in our quarterly newsletters.
List job openings on the IOCDF Job Board:
- Professional Members of the IOCDF are able to post job opportunities at their clinic/organization on the Job Board on the IOCDF website.
- Reach the largest community of professionals treating OCD to help fill open positions with the most eligible candidates.
And many more:
- Researchers are invited to submit research grant proposals to be considered for funding by the IOCDF Research Grant Program.
- IOCDF Professional Members are able to access the Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders at the discounted price of $574.20 for a digital subscription (normally $638) and $108 for print (normally $125).
- In addition, being a professional member allows you to be considered for Institutional Membership as your clinic grows, as a Specialty Outpatient Clinic (SOC) or Intensive Treatment Provider (ITP). Institutional Members enjoy more visibility on the IOCDF website. Read below to learn about Institutional Membership.
Institutional Membership at the IOCDF
Institutional Members are programs and clinics that specialize in the treatment of OCD and related disorders. These vary from small speciality outpatient clinics, to larger programs with structured Intensive Treatment Programs.
The benefits of an IOCDF Institutional Membership include:
- Up to 2 free listings in our Resource Directory and on the IOCDF website, which would include your contact information, a link to your website (if applicable), and a description of your program(s).
- Participation on a Listserv to facilitate communication between the Institutional Members for the purposes of cross referrals, sharing resources, and networking.
- Bulk subscription to our OCD Newsletter (quantity based on size of your program).
- Access to patient education materials, brochures, and other pamphlets for your clients.
- Discounts When Participating in IOCDF Events:
- Discounts as exhibitors at the Annual OCD Conference
- Discounts in advertising in the Annual OCD Conference Program Guide
Mental Health Student/Trainee Membership at the IOCDF
The International OCD Foundation is excited to offer a membership option for undergraduate and graduate students currently studying a mental health field, as well as unlicensed recent mental health graduates.* This membership allows students and trainees access to many of the benefits we provide to professional members, but at a significant cost savings.
Benefits of Student/Trainee Membership:
- Subscription to the quarterly OCD Newsletter
- Access to members-only online OCD Newsletter Archive
- Email updates from the IOCDF (with opt-out available)
- Reduced registration fee for the Annual OCD Conference
- Invitation to professional networking opportunities with leading OCD experts at the Annual OCD Conference
- Eligibility for Annual OCD Conference Research Poster Travel Awards and Scholarships
- Coming Soon: Access to a members-only professional networking platform and access to a databank of OCD specific training opportunities.
*In order to qualify for the student/trainee membership, you must be a student currently enrolled in a mental health training program, or a recent graduate who is not yet licensed. This includes those studying psychology, psychiatry, counseling, or social work at the undergraduate or graduate level. To verify eligibility, we request a copy of your transcript or a letter from your advisor, confirming your course of study, to be uploaded through the membership form when signing up online. For questions, please email Bella Sinsigalli, Marketing & Membership Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (617) 973-5801.