Public policy affects us all in the OCD and related disorders community, from individuals to families to professionals. The IOCDF seeks to serve as the voice of our community on Capitol Hill, uniting with other mental health voices on the federal policy issues that impact us the most.
The strategic goals of the IOCDF advocacy initiatives are that people with OCD and related disorders have improved access to effective treatment and adequate support in their communities, and that treating clinicians in every profession have improved capacity to provide effective treatment.
- What this means to the IOCDF:
- Treatment for OCD and related disorders is affordable
- Treatment for OCD and related disorders is widely available
- Treatment for OCD and related disorders is effective
- People with OCD and related disorders are supported in their communities
- How we aim to achieve these goals:
- Working together with other mental health organizations - we’re stronger when we work together
- Raising awareness of policy issues within our own community
- Lobbying and grassroots activism
- Engaging stakeholders, both those who have an impact and those who are impacted
- Training and capacity-building
We want to hear from you about your advocacy priorities - click here to take our advocacy survey!
Virtual Voices for Mental Health: An Online Day of Action
NEW IN 2020! This virtual event includes an evening of live programming followed by a day of advocacy activities that you can do from your phone or computer. This event is open to people with OCD and related disorders, their families, friends, clinicians, and all other members of the mental health community. We welcome seasoned advocates and first-timers alike! Click here to learn more.
Mental Health Advocacy Capital Walk
Join us every October on the National Mall in Washington, DC to unite our voices with other national behavioral health organizations in advocacy and awareness.
Support for Key Legislation
Expand each topic area below by clicking on the (+) sign to see the IOCDF's support of various issues and pieces of legislation.