Whether you live near our national headquarters in Boston Massachusetts or in a completely different country there are plenty of ways to help the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) further its mission. Below are just a few examples of what you can do to help.
General Volunteer Opportunities That You Can Do From Anywhere in the World
- Contact the national office and ask for extra copies of our Year-End Appeal or Research Appeal letters and remittance envelopes so you can forward them to your friends and family.
- Help solicit corporate support for IOCDF Programs.
- Become an “OCDvocate” and help advocate for OCD awareness. Learn more here.
- Start your very own OCD support group and list it as a resource in our Resource Directory. For a full guide on tips for starting & maintaining a support group, please click here.
- Place IOCDF-endorsed press releases about OCD in local papers.
- Send IOCDF-developed letters to national and state legislators about OCD-related issues.
- Organize and host talks or lectures about OCD in your local community public school or college.
- Participate in an OCD research study.
- Write an article for the IOCDF’s quarterly newsletter.
- Develop and host your own event during OCD Awareness Week.
- Translate our educational materials into another language.
Volunteer at the IOCDF’s Annual OCD Conference
Each year, we have a number of volunteer slots for individuals to help as room monitors, art therapy volunteers, and more, in exchange for free registration to the Conference. To learn more, click here.
In Your Area
Contact your local affiliate and ask how you can help (examples of activities could include assisting with a local fundraiser, helping with mailings, etc.). To find an affiliate near you, search our Resource Directory. If you don’t have an affiliate near you, consider starting your own affiliate or support group in your area. You can also organize and host a local fundraiser (walks, bike rides, tag sales, etc.)
In the IOCDF Office
If you live within commuting distance from downtown Boston, Massachusetts, consider volunteering at the IOCDF Headquarters. We always have projects that we can use volunteer help on, such as:
- Assisting with major mailings
- Updating databases on our website
- Assembling information packets
We are always open to other suggestions so please feel free to contact Alex Bahrawy, Community Support Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an idea for a volunteer project that is not listed above, or if you would like to get involved.