The 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk is back this spring, with even more ways for walkers to take a step and become part of the #OCDwalk movement. The 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk represents a chance for the community to bring greater awareness to OCD and related disorders, while also helping to raise funds for programs run by the IOCDF and its Local Affiliates. These programs aim to support all those affected by OCD and to further educate the greater community about what it means to live with OCD and/or a related disorder.
Since it began in Boston in 2013, the 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk has continued to grow exponentially. Our inaugural effort raised $53,902 and had almost 300 participants either walking together at Jamaica Pond or as virtual walkers in their local communities. Since then, the 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk has tripled its yearly fundraising! Last year in 2017, the 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk included events held in 32 states and 5 countries, with 13 of our Local Affiliates hosting walks in their catchment areas.
This year, more than 25 OCD Walks will take place across the US over the first two weekends in June! Whether you’re able to join us at the flagship 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk in Boston, attend an OCD Walk hosted by one of our Local Affiliates in cities across the US, or participate by setting up a team as part of the Community Walk and holding a grassroots event, there’s an opportunity for everyone to get involved!
1) Visit www.iocdf.org/walk and scroll through the 25+ OCD Walk events to find one near you! Don’t see an OCD Walk you can attend? Register to participate in the Community Walk (see below for more information)!
2) Once you find your event, click Register, then Next Step on the following page, and choose to either:
- Join an existing team from the drop down,
- Create a Team and invite others to fundraise with you, or
- Fundraise as an individual.
Registration is free! No matter how you register, all participants will get a personal fundraising page. In addition, all registered walkers who raise a minimum of $25 on their fundraising page will receive a commemorative 2018 Walk T-shirt at check-in!
3) Once you’ve registered, you’ll be given a personal fundraising page, which you can customize and share with family and friends! Make sure to check out the NEW! Fundraising Toolkit tab on each of the OCD Walk event pages for tips & tools for sharing your walk on social media. Invite family and friends to register to join your Walk Team or ask them to donate to support your fundraising goal.
Registration Pro Tip: For a step-by-step guide to registering, click the Setup & FAQ tab on the OCD Walk CrowdRise event page.
Don’t see an Affiliate OCD Walk near you? Not a problem!
If you can’t attend the Boston 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk or an OCD Walk event hosted by one of our Affiliates, you can register for the Community Walk (previously known as the “Virtual Walk”) to start raising funds and awareness in your local community!
Visit www.iocdf.org/communitywalk and choose to register as an individual, start your Walk Team, or join an existing team. All registrants to a Community Walk who raise a minimum of $25 by Monday, May 7th will receive a commemorative Walk T-shirt, shipped to them directly by June 2nd.
Take a step and join the #OCDwalk movement! Let’s see how far we can go!
Questions? Make sure to review the Set-Up & FAQ tab on each OCD Walk event page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.