Faith & OCD Roundtables
Join Lead Advocate Rev. Katie O'Dunne for her next Faith & OCD Roundtable! She leads a discussion with faith leaders, clinicians, and individuals with OCD from various faith traditions on variety of topics focused on leaning into uncertainty while embracing your religious/spiritual values.
Videos & Lectures:
For General Education:
- IOCDF's YouTube Channel - watch the entire library of videos dedicated to OCD and Scrupulosity
- Scrupulosity: Overcoming Religious Obsessions and Compulsions
- Five Keys to Beating Scrupulosity
For Faith Leaders:
Websites & Articles:
- OCD and Scrupulosity by ACCFS has a series of Christian focused articles, presentations and resources for those living with OCD and scrupulosity.
- "The Jog" is a Christian blog series for those living with OCD and scrupulosity written by Justin K Hughes, MA, LPC
- Scrupulous Anonymous is a Roman Catholic monthly newsletter and website primarily for individuals who live with OCD and scrupulosity. The newsletter and blog features articles and a section to answer questions submitted by readers.
Download & Share:
- Scrupulosity Fact Sheet
- OCD Clergy Packet (Catholicism)
- 10 Commandments for the Scrupulous (Catholicism)
- Scrupulosity: Overcoming Religious Obsessions and Compulsions Slides (General)
For Individuals with Scrupulosity:
For Religious and Spiritual Leaders:
- The Doubting Disease: Help for Scrupulosity and Religious Compulsions by Joseph W Ciarrocchi, PhD
- Understanding Scrupulosity: Questions and Encouragement (3rd Edition) by Thomas M. Santa, CSsR
The Taharas Hamishpacha Workbook: A Program for Overcoming Mikvah-Related Anxiety by Dovid A Kaufman (Judaism)
Religious Compulsions and Fears: A Guide To Treatment by Avigdor Bonchek (Judaism)
- Explore our full list of OCD Books
Religious-Specific Resources & Services:
- Find an OCD Provider by visiting our resource directory to find an OCD provider in your area
- Mann Mukti offers general mental health resources categorized by faith/religious affiliation
- Khalil Center is a psychological and spiritual wellness center that provides counseling through an Islamic perspective.
- The Blue Dove Foundation is a Jewish mental health and addiction organization
- Managing Scrupulosity offers continuing education opportunities for clergy on how to work with those living with scrupulosity.
- Faith & OCD Support Groups are free inclusive online support groups offered by the Faith & Mental Health Integrative Services
- Faith & Mental Health Integrative Services works with individuals, clinicians, and faith leaders seeking to separate faith from OCD as well as reconnect with faith in a way that is value-driven
Get Plugged In:
- Faith & OCD Special Interest Group: This group is designed specifically for individuals of ALL religious traditions to share their experiences with OCD, as well as ways this has impacted their connection to a faith community.
- My OCD Community on HealthUnlocked is a safe, supportive, informative, and friendly community for all people affected by OCD.
- OCD in Faith-Based Communities Survey: If you’re a member of the OCD and related disorders community, a faith/religious leader, or a clinician, we value your input on the ways anxiety impacts and is addressed in faith-based communities.