It’s hard to believe that the 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk is only a few weeks away! That said, a few weeks is still plenty of time to increase your fundraising and create even greater awareness. We have provided a few easy tips below to help you maximize your fundraising potential in the coming week.
Key Tips for Fundraising
Make your “ask” personal: Why are you walking for OCD? Who are you walking for? Why is speaking freely and frankly about OCD and related disorders so important? Your friends and family are much more likely to support a cause if they know how important it is to you. The Walk is about so much more than fundraising — it’s an opportunity to spread awareness and understanding about OCD and related disorders and reduce the stigma surrounding, not only OCD, but mental illness in general..
Using social media is a great way to get others to support you in your efforts to raise money for the 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk!
Here are a few Facebook & Twitter tips:
- Change your profile picture to the IOCDF Walk Badge
- Add a link to your Walk fundraising webpage in EVERY message you post about the Walk so your friends can easily access your page to donate or register to walk. Don’t forget to include the #1Million4OCD hashtag in your posts.
- When someone sponsors you by making a donation, make sure to thank them publicly by writing on their Facebook wall or “tagging” them in a thank you message posted on your own wall. This not only lets that donor know how grateful you are, but also inspires others to donate as well!
- Have fun and make it personal — telling a story and posting pictures is a great way to get your friends to support your Walk.
- If you have Walk teammates on Facebook or Twitter, post comments that help create some healthy competition. See who can be the top fundraiser on your Walk Team!
- Remember to make your Walk experience fun! Others will pick up on your energy and want to be part of #1Million4OCD.
Ten quick ways to raise $100
- Make the first pledge yourself. Consider donating $10, $20, $50, or more to get the ball rolling.
- Ask your significant other, boss, friend, co-worker, neighbor, relative, or even a casual acquaintance to donate $10.
- Double your donation! Ask your employer about making a matching gift. It’s as simple as filling out a form from your employer and sending it to the IOCDF.
- Reach out to someone who has previously requested your support for their cause and ask them to consider donating $10 to your Walk.
!If you’ve not already registered you can still register for the walk here by choosing your participating city or walking virtually. Thank you to everyone supporting the 1 Million Steps 4 OCD Walk. Now, let’s see how far we can go in this last 2 week dash!