Public policy affects us all in the OCD and related disorders community, from individuals to families to professionals. The IOCDF seeks to serve as the voice of our community on Capitol Hill, uniting with other mental health voices on the federal policy issues that impact us the most.
The strategic goals of the IOCDF advocacy initiatives are that people with OCD and related disorders have improved access to effective treatment and adequate support in their communities, and that treating clinicians in every profession have improved capacity to provide effective treatment.
What this means to the IOCDF:
- Treatment for OCD and related disorders is affordable
- Treatment for OCD and related disorders is widely available
- Treatment for OCD and related disorders is effective
- People with OCD and related disorders are supported in their communities
How we aim to achieve these goals:
- Working together with other mental health organizations - we’re stronger when we work together
- Raising awareness of policy issues within our own community
- Lobbying and grassroots activism Engaging stakeholders, both those who have an impact and those who are impacted
- Training and capacity-building
The IOCDF is a member of the following coalitions:
Recent Public Policy News
Greetings! Welcome to the IOCDF Advocacy Corner. Since the launch of our Advocacy Program last year, we have been working hard to shape and support public policy that positively impacts… Read more »
Make your voice heard on key mental health legislation!
As Congress comes back from their summer recess, we're asking you to help us advocate for bills that address several of the core problems that the OCD and related disorders community faces when attempting to access care — including bills that:
- Remove barriers to treatment,
- Increase the number of mental health clinicians, and
- Ensure that claims for mental health services are not unfairly denied by insurance companies.
Visit the Action Center
Take our Advocacy Survey
Support Key Legislation
Expand each topic area below by clicking on the (+) sign to see the IOCDF's support of various issues and pieces of legislation.
Sign up to receive email alerts!
Make sure to sign up to receive e-mail alerts about advocacy-related news, updates, and activities. Simply fill out the form to the right and then head to our Action Center (green button above) to get started!